Recently Apple has announced the latest watchOS 8 beta at their WWDC 2021. And watchOS 8 beta comes with several new features like respiratory rate monitoring and improved sleep tracking and the mindfulness app that combines the new breath activity. So in this article share with you how to download watchOS 8 beta on Apple Watch.
Further, there’s more granular control in messages like turning the Digital Crown to move the cursor and other cool additions like new workouts and a new Portrait watch face.
What you need to get watchOS 8 Beta:
- An Apple Developer account.
- Apple Watch Series 3 or later models with at least 50% power and connected to the charger.
- A paired iPhone 6s or later running the iOS 15 developer beta and connected to a strong Wi-Fi network.
How to download watchOS 8 beta 8 on Apple Watch
To get the latest watchOS 8, you first need to get the watchOS developer beta profile on your paired iPhone as follows:
- Open Safari on your paired iPhone and log in to developer.apple.com
- Tap Discover and then tap watchOS.
- Tap Download.
Alternatively, you can log in to developer.apple.com on Mac or PC, download the file, and mail it to your iPhone account.
- If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Next to watchOS 8 Beta, tap Install Profile.
- Tap Allow when asked for permission to install a profile.
- Tap Install to begin the download process.
- If prompted, enter your Passcode.
- Tap Install to confirm.
- Tap Restart to reboot your Apple Watch and complete the process.
How to install watchOS 8 beta 8 on Apple Watch
The beta certificate you downloaded above tells the Watch app on your iPhone that watchOS 8 is available. When the Watch app detects the update, you can install it, as usual, using the steps below. If the beta does not show up, reboot your Apple Watch once more.
- Ensure your iPhone is connected to a robust Wi-Fi network and open the Watch app.
- In the My Watch tab, tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Enter your phone passcode.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Connect your Apple Watch to its magnetic charger and make sure it already has at least a 50% charge.
- Tap Install on your iPhone and/or your Apple Watch.
Once the process is complete, your Apple Watch will reboot to apply the update. You can see the progress on your Apple Watch screen.
Can I downgrade from watchOS 8 beta 8 to watchOS 7?
If you want to know how to remove the watchOS 8 beta profile, please be warned that you cannot do this independently. You will have to contact Apple and let them help you with it.